Designing Engaging Lessons
and delivery of engaging lessons is critical in unlocking student potential.
The key to school success is found in identifying or creating engaging schoolwork
for students. This training focuses on alignment of what is expected in the
classroom to what is being done in the classroom. Teachers will be trained in The
Instructional Design and Delivery; a framework for teachers to assist in
the design and delivery of lessons – lessons that engage the students and
involve them in their learning. Participation in this training will result in
becoming familiar with the state standards and designing lessons aligned to the
standards. Teachers will learn how to deconstruct state standards to provide
students with the necessary content to perform well on state assessments.
Teachers learn how to ensure that their designed lessons are tightly aligned to
the delivery of instruction that will engage students in their learning. This
process is the key to beginning to differentiate instruction for students based
on their needs. Research-based instructional strategies are imbedded in all
modules and teachers learn how these strategies can create student centered
learning along with impacting student achievement.
Engaging Lessons – (1 Full Day)
· Deconstruct state standards to understand what students
need to know and be able to do to master the standard at each grade level.
· Design student-friendly learning objectives based on the
· Determine academic vocabulary to be taught and used
· Develop effective target questions that promote metacognition.
· Design lessons and assessments aligned to content and rigor of the state
· Use the framework to design lessons that will engage
learners in grade-appropriate learning activities aligned to the
· Designing Engaging Lessons is meant for teachers, principals and
· Client-booked trainings are full at 40.
· This training can be delivered in its entirety in 1 day.
· Designing Engaging Lessons is one-day training.
· Schedule is 8:00am to 4:00pm.
· District sponsored trainings will take place at the district or
Started: To discuss your options for implementation or for answers to any
questions, please call or email Learning Keys at 800-927-0478